Becoming an Auditor

  • Engineering world
  • kata
    • kata lucu
    • kata bijak
    • kata mutiara
    • kata cinta
    • kata gokil
  • lucu
    • gambar lucu
    • pantun lucu
    • tebakan lucu
    • kata lucu
    • cerita lucu
  • berita
    • berita unik
    • berita politik
    • berita artis
    • berita aneh
  • kesehatan
    • asam urat
    • kanker
    • jantung
    • hepatitis
    • ginjal
    • asma
    • lambung
  • gambar
    • gambar unik
    • gambar lucu
    • gambar aneh
    • gambar animasi
    • video lucu
  • hoby
    • burung
    • ikan
    • piaraan
  • contoh
    • surat lamaran
    • recount text
    • descriptive text
    • curriculum vitae
    • deskripsi
  • video
    • video lucu
    • video hantu
    • video polisi
    • video totorial
    • video panas
    • video lagu
  • blog
    • SEO
    • template
    • script
    • widget
    • backlink
    • imacros
  • komputer
    • excel
    • macro excel
Home » Chemical Engineering » Learning Curve » TQM » Becoming an Auditor

Becoming an Auditor

I was trained to become an internal auditor at my work place. Yesterday, I was audited two departments (instruction to become auditor was given two weeks earlier): "Consumer Packing Marketing Department" (CPM) and "Shipping Department". I have read both departments procedure manuals and quality objectives earlier. CPM documents are easier to comprehend and digest compared to the confusing terms and definitions for the shipping department. Then I wondered, why did they sent a process engineer like me to audit this shipping department? I knew it was not going to be easy. I don't even have any shipping background. Well, instruction was given and I have to perform the job.

Yesterday, to make things worse, the lead auditor, who happened to be a senior employee, could not join the auditing process, leaving just me and another colleague from account department. In the morning, the two of us headed to the CPM department, began the audit opening meeting and on-site document checking. It took us about 3 hours flipping and checking documents besides asking questions. The audit process when smooth, the auditees were very cooperative and easy going. The CPM department job scope and flow chart is straight forward and easy to understand. After completing the audit process, we prepared the report and conducted the closing meeting. No non-conformance was awarded. We just gave them 3 observations that they need to respond and improve with respect to some minor poor documentation control.

Later in the afternoon, we proceeded to the shipping department and met the auditees (3 person whom happen to be senior executives - 2 versus 3!!!). Deep inside my heart, I already knew that this is not going to be easy simply because I have almost no knowledge on shipping stuff! I just read the quality objectives and manuals but hardly understood them. We began the audit process and I requested for their quality objectives (they have 3 objectives). I asked for the quality objectives but got confused with all the terms, definitions, phrases, concepts etc. There were few quality objectives that they could not achieved, but they have no control of the problems. It were due to some external factors, which again, I barely understood. Then I flipped through some of their documents and checked them. At least, I noticed something that is worth an observation. At the closing meeting, we informed the shipping executives about the only observation discovered and asked them to rectify it.

Oh boy, I was glad that the audit process is over. I felt like a fool auditing the shipping department. However, I took it positively. I knew it was a priceless experience and I managed to learn various activities in CPM and shipping department. At least now, I have a better idea on how those department operates. The experience enriched me become a better auditor, besides my main job - process engineer.

If you enjoyed this post then subscribe to my RSS feed.

Ditulis oleh Bidadari, Sabtu, 24 Maret 2007 08.49- Rating: 4.5

Judul : Becoming an Auditor

Deskripsi : I was trained to become an internal auditor at my work place. Yesterday, I was audited two departments (instruction to become auditor was gi...
keyword :Becoming an Auditor, Chemical Engineering, Learning Curve, TQM

Belum ada komentar untuk "Becoming an Auditor"

Posting Komentar

Posting Lebih Baru
Posting Lama
Beranda
Langganan: Posting Komentar (Atom)
Postingan Populer
  • (tanpa judul)
    More Design of Experiment Infos Today, I received some input/info from Mr. John Hunter (Son of William Hunter, one of the various Design of ...
  • CALPHAD (Calculation of Phase Diagrams) - A Comprehensive Guide
    This excellent book is probably the first comprehensive guide to the CALPHAD method. CALPHAD is an acronym that was coined in the early 1970...
  • Plate Heat Exchanger at Lonsdale Energy Corporation
    The following photos of equipments (which include plate heat exchangers) and information are taken/supplied by Mr. Douglas Dunn from BCExplo...
  • Going Offshore III
    After knowing your destination (offshore platform), you must go to the helicopter airport and check-in. At the counter, you must present you...
  • Direct and Indirect Impact from Sandy Flood Disaster
    This article is dedicated to the victims of Superstorm Sandy... I believe by this moment, everybody have heard about the impact that Superst...
  • Industrial Tools at their Best
     What exactly are industrial tools? Let me provide my understanding on what industrial tools actually are. Briefly, industrial tools are equ...
  • Cooling Tower FRP Water Distributor
    What you can see in the photo is a cooling tower deck. This is where warm cooling water from processing plant arrives. The warm cooling wat...
  • Chemical/Process Engineering Personality: JoeWong
    Hi, I'm back after a very busy and tight schedule. I would like to introduce a new category which is Chemical/Process Engineering Person...
  • Useful Tips to Save Your Petrol
    Following are some useful tips to consider when you are filling up your petrol tank. I did not make up this. A friend forwarded me an email ...
  • How to Calculate Your Carbon Footprint
    As a chemical engineer, it is imperative for us to care and know more about environment. It is our responsibility to educate those people ar...

Info Engineering world © Becoming an Auditor